Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How to Speed Up Windows Vista External Hardrive!


In this post I'm going to show you how to increase the preformance and speed of your external hardrive. So lets begin.

1: Open the start menu and right click on Computer and select the Manage button. This is what should pop up------------->

2: Then open up the Device Manager tab.

3: Next expand disk drive and locate external drive from the list below.

4: Once you've found your drive, right click and choose the Properties button.

5: Select the Policies Tab and Choose Optimize for Preformance.

6: Then make sure the 2 boxes below are checked off.

7: You will need to reboot your system. After rebooting your system your computer should act and respond much quicker.

Thanks for using my guide I hoped it helped. Please contact me if you have questions or concerns! Thanks Again!!!

2 comments:

  1. yep 100% possitive, if not contact me and ill be sure to help you out!

    ReplyDelete